There are currently no available positions at Cool Planet.
Last updated May 03, 2011
Cool Planet Internships Program
Cool Planet is a Minnesota non-profit organization that informs and inspires people to get fit and take action for a sustainable planet. We are currently looking for Interns to help us build the Climate Solutions Movement by collecting data and teaching our curriculum to local community groups and help us work with our communities to inspire sustainable living. We have a wide range of opportunities for interns so if you are interested in doing something other than the internships listed below, please contact us with your interest.
DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Cool Planet team to gather data from our communities to help us develop strategic plans for building a local climate solutions movement.
- Learn our curriculum for sustainable living and work with local organizations and communities teaching sustainable practices.
- Conduct surveys and work booths at local community events
- Help with Cool Planet events.
Will vary upon tasks given, Average 10 to 20 hours a week.
- Passionate about climate change, local solutions, and global negotiations
- Strong communication skills
- Strong video and writing (i.e. blogging) skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective writing and organizational skills
- Computer skills including social media
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Email cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to Paul Thompson email@example.com. In your cover letter please: (a) indicate which internship opportunity numbers you are interested or would be willing to work on, (b) state what skills you would bring to the specific internship opportunity you indicated; (c) state the months you are hoping to intern and the number of hours/week you could commit to the internship.
Internship opportunities for 2011 include the following areas:
Social Media Intern– coordinate daily blog updates and social media sites
Event Planner Intern– work on our up coming MN Overall Flying Disc Championships (internship now through event, June 24-25, 2011)
Fundraising Intern– work daily with Cool Planet board and founder to create and implement a plan for fundraising.
Cool Planet Database Support Intern– work on data entry, e-mail lists and Cool Planet Newsletter.
Website Designer– Help build the future Cool Planet website.