Come to the…
Edina Youth Climate Summit
Saturday, May 13th
10 am – 2 pm
(doors open at 9:30 am)
Edina High School (6754 Valley View Road, Edina, MN 55439) – EPAC & Commons
REGISTER HERE so we can get an accurate count for lunch. This event is free!
A day of action for youth by youth. Adults welcome in support of youth.
Why should you come? Here’s what the hosts have to say.
- How to make a change through legislation – Why the youth voice matters in government
- Small changes make a difference – food choices and disposing of waste
- Renewable Energy Choices
- Climate Change – what is really happening
Tables and Discussions:
- Writing a letter to the Editor – to advocate in the public sphere
- Talking to City Council, School Board & Legislators
- How is Climate Change a Human Rights Issue?
- Sustainability Career Opportunities – there are more choices than you thing
- Walking to school and anywhere – how to prepare and stay motivated
- Student projects on climate solutions
- Youth opportunities with supporting organizations
Come for food, discussion, and interactive workshops!
Thanks to our sponsors:
The day begins in the EPAC auditorium with a welcome from the Mayors Jim Holland of Edina and Jake Spano of St. Louis Park followed by keynote speaker, Avery Greene, 9th grade Climate Reality Leadership Corps member.
Participants will then chose to attending of four student led workshops students on: Legislative Action, Food Footprint, Renewable Energy and Climate Reality presentation.
Next comes a delicious vegetarian lunch in the Commons where participants can browse the display tables and then have four opportunities to join in 15 minute speed action sessions: Sustainable Careers, Talking about Climate Change, Get Published in the Newspaper, Talking to your Representative, Human Rights.
We will return to the EPAC auditorium for our closing panel with students, City and School District representatives to build our vision for the future.
You’re welcome to join for part of the day if you can’t be there for the whole thing.