Happy New Year!
2014 has been a Great Year for Cool Planet and the climate solutions movement.
We want to thank you all for your support through the year and consider one last chance to make a tax deductible contribution as the year turns to 2015. Click here to make your one time or monthly recurring donation to keep us healthy financially. These 2014 highlights show what your donation supports:
- Cool Planet Skiers partnered with the Climate Reality Project as sponsor of the American Birkebeiner Cross Country Ski Marathon in Feb 2014. Our booth at the Birkie Expo reached 10,000 + skiers and event participants. Join Cool Planet Skiers for 2015.
- Completion on our first grant relationship from Hennepin County Green Partners for work in Edina Public Schools and our “Beyond TOLBY- What’s Next?” program to inspire K-12 students to lead on energy efficiency and sustainable future thinking. (next grant approved for 2015-16…yeah!!) 503 students reached in 2013-14!!
- Hosting and sponsoring the MN Flying Disc Championships and Edina Family Frisbee Festival in June, and the US Open Frisbee Tournament in Fredericksburg VA in July. Watch for more flying fun June 27-28, 2015.
- Partner and organizational sponsor of LowCarbon Crossings, combining bike touring and climate conversations over the Labor Day holiday in Northfield, Rochester, Winona, Red Wing and Minneapolis., more to come in 2015….keep the wheels rolling carbon free.
- Mindy and Paul served as regional coordinators for the North Wind Region (MN, IA, ND, SD, NE) of the Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) and hosted 2 regional conferences to build momentum for passing Carbon Fee and Dividend legislation. We also started CCL chapters in Washburn, WI, Northfield and Red Wing, MN and Cedar Rapids, IA part of the growing 200+ chapters across North America. Our focus in 2015 will be to build the business and conservative voice to make climate solutions a main stream issue for the 2016 election.
The latest… bringing us into the new year:
- We are excited about our new relationship with the Loppet Foundation and their large family friendly network of outdoor events and community service and are partnering with them on Jan 11 for our next SPEAK UP!! program at Linden Hills Park, please join us and bring a friend.
- Cool Planet is working with the Will Steger Foundation and other Linden Hills Co-op Members to build a Linden Hills Co-op Climate Action Team. The focus will be to engage members (over 8,000), staff and board members in education and projects to build the climate solutions movement.
Climate change is finally getting the attention it deserves. Cool Planet will continue to seek out new communities and individuals to engage in FUN, effective pathways to action. We are a bare bones organization and we want to grow and hire young people that can lead the charge. All of us need to step outside of our comfort zone to accelerate this movement. Consider doubling your contribution for a cooler planet, like a down payment on a better world. Thank you for your support!